Test How Your Website Look Like in Various Browsers
I installed most major browsers in my computer. The main objective is to check how web layouts work in other browsers (Firefox is my default browser).But testing the site in different browser is impractical, and also i can’t test websites in different Operating Systems. However, the nice people in Browsershots can help me to overcome these problems.
Browsershots makes screenshots of your web design in different browsers. It is a free open-source online service created by Johann C. Rocholl. When you submit your web address, it will be added to the job queue. A number of distributed computers will open your website in their browser. Then they will make screenshots and upload them to the central server here.
Since it’s free and volunteer based project, you can also take a sneak at current screeshots taken (Also in the list, you can take a look at upcoming Chris Pirillo’s free WordPress theme here). There are 83 computers run by volunteers to make browser screenshots and us happy, you can find the list, OS and systems used here and also stats request queue here.
You can also support BrowserShots by paying a very cheap price here and get your priority processing which includes:
- Screenshot requests will be processed immediately.
- You will often get 30 to 50 screenshots within 2 to 5 minutes.
- Get screenshots of any web address, as often as you want.
- Instant activation when you pay with PayPal.
- No need to extend requests to avoid expiration.
- Your screenshots are private (only you will see them, or somebody who already knows your URL).
- Ad-free web interface.
- Dedicated email support from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your payment supports an open-source project.The price for one month is €10 EUR or $15 USD.
If you purchase priority for a whole year, you’ll get 12 months for the price of 10.
Result of Robin Malau Dot Com is here. And it’s also available as downloadable zipped file. It’s a surprise to see the site in different browsers and Operating Systems, it doesn’t work in some of them!
However my mistakes which you don’t need to repeat is that I choose too many web browsers (a default option) which many of its never even come to my blog. By sneaking to your Analytics tools (mine is Woopra and Google Analytics) ahead of using BrowserShots, you can prioritize which browsers and Operating System you would like to test against.