Skip to the content
- The five types of music discovery (The Guardian). Love listening to new bands? Keep your smartphone close.
- Twitter gives up on encrypting direct messages, at least for now (The Verge). No place to hide anymore.
- In Indonesia the poor get richer, slowly. The rich get richer, quickly (World Bank). Sad news. But we knew this for a while.
- Sir Jonathan Ive interview (TIME).
- Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 4 now available by subscription for $19, headed to OS X (Engadget). More developers will adopting the engine, which also means more games with stunning graphics will be produced in the future.
- Will the recorded music industry ever grow again? (Re/code). Dilemma for music streaming services: labels demand twice what listeners are willing to pay. Labels must die.
- Streaming Subscriptions Are Now a Billion-Dollar Business (Re/code). Japan drop sales and download sales stall which re-begs the question: will the recorded industry ever grow again?
- How to Minimize Politics in Your Company (Ben Horowitz’s blog). Excellent reading.