How To Set Gmail Records on Paralell’s Plesk
I just move this site’s host away from Dreamhost, and now I need to learn how to use Parallel’s Plesk (Plesk). It is not simpler than custom panel like on Dreamhost nor Media Temple, but it’s much easier to understand than Cpanel. So far so good.
Furthermore, one of the highest priority when removing host is to set up domain’s mail exchange. And it is remarkably painful to find instructions to set up Google apps records. So I thought I just write it down here in case someone is looking for the step by step instructions:
- Log in to your Plesk Control Panel.
- Once you’re in, click on DNS tab.
- Select the domain you want to change MX Record.
- Click the DNS tab at the left side of Summary then click DNS Records.
- Click Add DNS Records, then on DNS Record Type select MX, on Domain, add ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM, then preference 10 (very high). On main exchanger add yourdomain.com.
- Repeat step 5 and add:
- ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM – Preference: 20
- ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM – Preference: 20
- ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM – Preference: 30
- ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM – Preference: 30
- ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM – Preference: 30
- ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM – Preference: 30
- Once you are enter all above, your MX Records should look like image below:
That’s it, you’re done!