Annoyed by Firefox Unresponsive Script
Apparently, just suddenly, I found that several sites produced an error pop-up in my Firefox that said:
Warning : Unresponsive script”. The message continues: “A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
And it then gives me the option to Stop Script or Continue. It’s annoying because i use my Gmail account to control all my Google Apps email accounts (that’s a lot of time to check and reply emails), and the pop up warning just popped everytime i’m at my Gmail account window. Sooo retarded.
From the sources, i get a very simple solution as this:
- In the Firefox address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Scroll down (perhaps a quite long scrolls down, but be patience) and find the entry that says dom.max_script_run_time.
- Double-click on that entry and change the value (i heard that the default is 5, but mine was 1800!!) to something higher. I changed to 2000 but didn’t do. So i changed again to 20 then suddenly my Firefox works fine!
- After that just click OK and restart the browser.
- Continue browsing and have fun!
Note: For the 3rd step, if you’re not lucky just like me, you will only need to change it several times to get it right.